28 Things I Know 28 Years Later


When I was a little girl, there were quite a few things I thought I'd have by 28: clear hopes and dreams; a husband, perhaps; my dream job underway (or at least in mind); maybe financial security. Now? Friend-peers have dogs or homes and I'm impressed.

There were quite a few things I always thought I'd have by 28: one of them was conviction. So after a 28-day birth-month full of reflection, here goes a stab at all the things that I think, by now, I know. #Thisis28

Family comes first
A winner never quits and a quitter never wins -- Coach Collins, N. Andover High School via Dad
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the act of facing it
Vulnerability is not a negative thing
It's not often pain that takes us down, but the shame we feel about the pain
God will always balance (our) books
What we do in life echoes in eternity

Hindsight is often 20-20
It's better to have loved and lost...
At the crux of vulnerability are courage, compassion and connection
Everyone enters our lives for a reason, season or lifetime - Chelsea Hartling
We cannot show compassion to others before we do ourselves 
Love is always worth it, for it teaches us more about love
Evolution is comprised of backwards love

It does just keep getting better  
Each eviction includes an invitation
We have to believe we are enough to say “Enough!” – Brene Brown
Our caregivers and others are doing the best they can at their level of consciousness
Anxiety lives in the past or in the future, never in the present moment
Authenticity, or wholeness, might be the combination of our best self and our raw worst
The credit belongs to she who... if she fails, at least fails while daring greatly -- Theodore Roosevelt

I am an explorer of the world
I write to both "taste life twice" and inspire others to live their own
I am my most fulfilled when fostering connection and community
Running is favorite method of movement; it covers more ground than walking
My most powerful asset is my smile (--Dad) and one of my greatest strengths is my capacity to love
I am loved. I am enough.

Oh, and one more:

True locals never say "San Fran."

#Thisis28





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Local Look #1: Melrose Place(s)

Thoughts on 9-5: When September Ends

The Perks of Spontaneity